• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Shoes

I liked Scholl sandals, probably couldn't walk in them now! My father didn't like the noise flip-flips make. I find Crocs comfortable for "around the house" instead of floppy slippers.
I also had Scholl sandals and a pair of their clogs.

Julie used to wear Scholl sandals, but is now very much a Crocs wearer. I think she has Crocs for day of the week and circumstance, indoor, outdoor, gardening, bird watching, car servicing. She has the loop in front of the ankle, I wear it at the back of the heel. No way can either of us change to the others way.
Round the house, I prefer socks, (tiled floors here).
One thing neither of us can wear now is the flip-flip that is held on only by the strip of material between the big toe and the next one.
HJ Indestructable socks
Ding, memory trigger. Thanks.

Andrew.

Oh yes, I had exactly the same pair every summer during my early school days in the 1950s. My mother took me up to a shop in Birmingham city centre which I think was called 'Days'.
There is a short thread about Day's shoes

Back