• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sheldon Heath Comprehensive

Townley family and scouting are my memories of Sheldon and Stanville in the 60's. I have a lovely photo of the mum helpers who used to organise events. Leslie was Akela in the 144th cub scout group. Tony was good friends with my family.
Hi folks. The name is Steve Southgate and I lived next door to the Townley Twins, John and Hugh if my memory holds out. I also went to Stanville Rd and the Sheldon Heath Comp. I joined the cubs at the 144th and ended up as parol leader in the scouts for the Kestrals. I recall the World Scout Meeting at Sutton Park and seeing the Queen. I also recall leaving New St Station on the trip to the Rhine Valley starting at Koblenz. What great memories. Mr Blundell became a family friend and we assisted in finding his home at Welford on Avon. My father build the boat house which today looks a little sad. It’s great to read some of these articles, I’ll dig deeper and see if I came come back later. Bye for now.

Hi I never had the pleasure of the Coombes family teaching me chemistry but a male teacher whose name I forget but who took unkindly to me sitting out a chemistry lesson ( literally as I decided to sit in the boys toilet for the lesson-could never get the hang of chemistry ) My hideout was discovered, I returned to the lesson after which I was told to wait after class and the said teacher with a gleam in his eye detached the rubber bunsen burner tube and delivered 6 of the best- I'm sure the Coombes could never top that.

Back