• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sheldon Fire Station

aggie2347

master brummie
Has anyone got any picturers of Sheldon Fire Station, Firemen,Fires, open days or social events from the 50s 60's 70s or 80s involving the Station. Thanking you in anticipation.

Last edited:
aggie there was an incdent at the fire station during an open day, round about 1989/1990. There was a lot of coveridge in the local press including pictures.

Hi Robert, I was aware of the accident involving the Hydraulic Platform which capsized during an open day at the Station but I have no details or pictures. If anyone can oblige I would be grateful and I will get on the case myself.

Vivienne the plaque is still there and the cast of the Fireman was modelled on a serving Sub.Officer at the Station. That's all I know

Has anyone got any picturers of Sheldon Fire Station, Firemen,Fires, open days or social events from the 50s 60's 70s or 80s involving the Station. Thanking you in anticipation.
Aggie, I believe that there is a Facebook site for Red Watch Sheldon with numerous photos from the 70's onwards. You will need to search for this but I'm sure it's there. Chris.

sheldon red watch old boys reunion.
That's the page title, and if I'm not mistaken, the 1st photo appears to have someone that looks suspiciously like you in the back row.
Edited to add more info.

Last edited:
Yes, Thanks for the info I am on to that and some of the blast from the past photo's have been reposted on Birmingham Fire(facebook) which has raised a large amount of comment. But I am still after more over the 3 watches and anything connected with Birmingham fire Brigade pre and post war including Birmingham Fire & Ambulance Service it's Control Rooms and Training Schools. Thanking you in anticipation.

Yes, Thanks for the info I am on to that and some of the blast from the past photo's have been reposted on Birmingham Fire(facebook) which has raised a large amount of comment. But I am still after more over the 3 watches and anything connected with Birmingham fire Brigade pre and post war including Birmingham Fire & Ambulance Service it's Control Rooms and Training Schools. Thanking you in anticipation.
I've just applied to join the Birmingham Fire Facebook site. Put in a good word or two for me please, I'll need them if people have long memories !

Back