• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sheldon Bombing

OldBrummie

master brummie
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there are any lists of ARP Wardens who served during WW2, specifically in Sheldon and on the knocker, Lyndon Road?
OldBrummie

Lisabaker

I know this thread is a few year old but I live in the shop that was on common lane. Obviously not a shop anymore but it definitely was the shop. The lady over the road had been here 53 years and has just been talking to me about it.

Emmarawlings46

You're welcome Robert. So pleased that it showed your old home.
This is how it looked on that corner, before the prefabs. This was part of Moat Farm, in 1936. The house you can see, in the background, is now the Common Lane convenience store.
Ann
View attachment 100173
Hiya! I live on common lane, 86 it’s a bungalow right next to the flats on keeble grove, I was trying to picture where This photo is on common lane. I’m so desperate to know more about my home xx

Emmarawlings46

I know this thread is a few year old but I live in the shop that was on common lane. Obviously not a shop anymore but it definitely was the shop. The lady over the road had been here 53 years and has just been talking to me about it.
Hiya! I was just hoping and wondering you could remember anything at all about my home, 86 common lane. It lays back a bit next to keeble grove. I love my home it has so much character, would love to know if anyone remembers anything about it!

robert

master brummie
The shop showing in the photo was Johnsons grocers, the last time I passed it was a barber's shop. The person taking the photo would have been standing on Church rd just before the junction with common lane