• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Shard End Boys’ Club Brownfield Road

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
The premises of this club which opened in August 1960 were designed by a Bournville Village Trust architect and claims to be one of the first boys’ clubs to be exclusively built for that purpose. Previously the club had used school premises.

The new building originally had capacity for 150 Boys and in its a prefabricated, pebble-dashed building it had a games room, craft room, gymnasium/hall, lounge, coffee bar, showers and committee room, it was staffed by full-time leaders and led by a committee. Viv.

767AA2ED-0003-4D7B-B64A-C658B5F5ABAD.jpeg
4563F371-5267-4B23-9144-2B0D146D8030.jpeg

Last edited:
The premises of this club which opened in August 1960 were designed by a Bournville Village Trust architect and claims to be one of the first boys’ clubs to be exclusively built for that purpose. Previously the club had used school premises.

The new building originally had capacity for 150 Boys and in its a prefabricated, pebble-dashed building it had a games room, craft room, gymnasium/hall, lounge, coffee bar, showers and committee room, it was staffed by full-time leaders and led by a committee. Viv.

View attachment 152462
View attachment 152461
Where is Shard End Vi?. I ask as my mum typed a manuscript for a book of WW2 memories for a Mr Dobbins. Dad and I read it, it made your hair curl.

Back