• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Shakespeare Inn in 1891

My Great great Grandmother and step Grandfather lived here at the time of the 1891 census. Could anyone share information or photos of this time period.

I am also interested in finding any old photos of Sherbourne Street. Monument Street Crabtree Road Bristol Street and Bradford Street. These were some of the places my rellies lived at

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

With regard to your second question, in the top right hand corner of every screen you will see a Search button. I'm pretty sure that there are threads for most, if not all, of these streets, some running into many pages. Enter the name of the street and click the Search titles only box and this will display a link to the thread where you can page through, look at any photographs and read all about that street.

Maurice :cool:

There was more than one Shakespeare pub, so you will have to give the location , or possibly a name to determine which one you are interested in

There was more than one Shakespeare pub, so you will have to give the location , or possibly a name to determine which one you are interested in
Hi Mike,
There was or maybe still is a Shakespeare Pub on the Stratford Road down from Bradford Street. I do know that many residents from Bradford Street used this one. Jen.

Back