• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

sewing patterns

Patty

master brummie
Don'T know if this is in the right place or not?
My sister is looking for a place that sells paper patterns of dresses ect, we used to use them all the time when I was young but do you think you can find a shop now that sells them. She lives in erdington but can travel a bit, can any of you lovely people come to her rescue I told her I would put it on and I bet she will get a result. I think she wants a sort of tunic type pattern:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There is a shop in Bewdley Pat but I'm not going there for a couple of weeks. Will try my friend later who lives at the Button Oak. Jean.

Hi! Patty,

Just been ordering some stuff from a sewing site that I use and found that they also sell patterns including my personal favourite which is Butterick.

The web address is:

www.sewessential.co.uk

The company is based in Walsall

Fabric shops now carry catalogues which you can look through and then order, OR... go into charity shops they sometimes keep them, but ask because they may not be in the shop but tucked away elsewhere, also make sure that all the pattern is there before purchase...Cat

Simplicity have an online shop. Also Tamworth Co Op sell patterns they have the large books you can scan through.

Back