• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

sewer tunnel photographs

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
An article in today's Sunday Mercury showed pictures taken (without permission!!!) in Birmingham's sewers. Apparently, they're a group of anonymous young men that 'get down and dirty' taking pictures of sewer tunnels around the country.
I know it's illegal, dangerous and not to be encouraged, but the photographs are great!

Google in silentuk and click on Midlands.

Charlie,
The quaity and the aethetics are fantastic considering they were taken on the fly. Thanks for directing us to them.:cool:

They were great Charlie...I then moved on to the 'Underground tunnels of Paris' by Canadian Murry Battle, also great viewing and reading.

Pom :angel:

Thanks for posting the info Charlie. I too was quite amazed at the size of these sewers.

A few more sewer photos, one of the Bellmouth sewer at Saltley, one of a bomb damaged sewer repair at Bournville Lane and one showing the directors if the company that built the sewer under the then Nechells power station (now Star City) having lunch in the newly completed sewer in 1973. It obviously wasn't in use yet!

Attachments

• Saltley Saltley Rd Bellmouth Sewer.jpg
    Saltley Saltley Rd Bellmouth Sewer.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Bournville Bournville Lane Sewer Damage.JPG
    Bournville Bournville Lane Sewer Damage.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Nechells Power Station Sewer 1972.jpg
    Nechells Power Station Sewer 1972.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 42
Back