• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sewell Alfred Henry

senoraruz

master brummie
Alf was born in 1874 to Thomas Sewell & Esther Crowder & was my gran´s older brother.
Can´t find him anywhere in 1901 or 1911 by which time he was married to his first wife. The family knew her as Millie, but she was probably Amelia.
he was an electro plater & as far as I know lived in Birmingham all his life. He disappears completely until he married his 2nd wife Violet Whitehouse in the mid 1930s. he died after only a year of marriage.
Have tried every possible mistranscription of his name, with absolutely no success.
Any suggestions please??

Re: Alfred Henry Sewell

This is curious. In 1927, the Electoral Rolls shows an Alfred Henry Sewell, and a Millie Shaw, living a Court 6 House 2 Branston street.

By the time of the 1930 Electoral Roll he is at the same address, but alone.

Barrie.

A Millie Shaw and a Victor J James, were married in Meriden in the Sep Qtr of 1931 ( 6d 1653 )

Barrie.

Hi Barrie.
Thank you so much. It has actually answered a couple of questions & confirmed a family story or two.
Another family member lived in Branston St so that makes sense.
Wonder why they never married. No wonder I couldn´t find a marriage for them.
Apparently Alf was a bit of a Jack the Lad. Maybe he was playing fast & loose with Aunt Violet & Millie got fed up & found somebody more reliable, or maybe the other way round.
No one left alive to answer that, but your help is much appreciated.

Marion

You are very welcome Marion. Good luck with the rest of your research.

Barrie.

Back