• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Severn valley railway.

Barrie I am pleased to say that Neville just had cronic indigestion. He was kept in over night and has been given a special diet to follow. Jean.

We went for a walk across the railway to the island and rapids during the week and on the way to Highley we saw this rubbish dumped in the middle of this beautiful spot. How low can people get. Parts of what was left had been used as a toilet. Yuk. Jean.

hi folks..had a lovely visit to the severn valley week before last and they had got the station decked out in a war time theme...looks great..they even have a real allotment there:)

here are a couple of pics from the visit...how hard everyone works to keep the railway up and running:)

Morning Lyn.I went there for the first time last year and loved it.I took this picture of the station master on the platform at Arley.
I hope he does not mind me showing the picture on the forum.Moss.View attachment 69689

morning moss...great pic in black and white..i cant get enough of the place..ive been many times over the years...nearly forgot the stations cat lol...he was still sitting there when we got back from the 3 hour trip...never moved lol...

thanks son....i was half hanging out the window taking this folks:rolleyes: i think it brings new meaning to the saying..there is light at the end of the tunnel..:D

thanks son....i was half hanging out the window taking this folks:rolleyes: i think it brings new meaning to the saying..there is light at the end of the tunnel..:D

Smashing bit of video, bet you looked like one of the Black & White Minstrels when you came out of the tunnel :D

thanks mike...i was determined to get that video but i could not quite remember where on the line it was so i was hanging around for ages..:rolleyes: dont worry i made sure i put my shades on as ive ended up with bits in me eyes and a black face before:D

lyn

My small grandson loves the tunnel before Bewdley coming up from Kidderminster. It's not the tunnel itself but he's clocked it that coming out of the tunnel he has to be at a rightside window to see the animals in the West Midlands Safari Park. When we took him there he was more interested looking out for a Severn Valley train on the viaduct. Kids eh!:rolleyes:

Really good video Lyn. i really must do a run on the train again. Have visited Bridgenorth more recently, but the last run i di, the line ended at Bewdley.

View attachment 69693

Thanks for the pitures and video lyn , glad you enjoyed your day there .
I think were going this Saturday nite on the fish & chips special
taking a couple of friends whos never done the line before .
ragga :)

Ps , kidderminster station cat , beware she spits at ya when shes in a bad mood :(

My small grandson loves the tunnel before Bewdley coming up from Kidderminster. It's not the tunnel itself but he's clocked it that coming out of the tunnel he has to be at a rightside window to see the animals in the West Midlands Safari Park. When we took him there he was more interested looking out for a Severn Valley train on the viaduct. Kids eh!:rolleyes:
thats kids for you mike...lol..

thanks mike...we always get on at kidderminster and go to the end at bridgenorth....great little run and i never tire of it...

ragga enjoy yer fish and chip run and watch out for the cat.:cry:.

thanks bazz..we all had a lovely afternoon and then had fish and chips from the chippy opposite the station..well worth a visit...

lyn

Hi all Severn Valley supporters.
Just to say there is a post card fair at Kidderminster Railway Museum on Saturday 6th August. Doors open at 10am with free admission!!
I will have a table there and will be selling some of my photographs used in my book 'Arley, A Glimpse of the Past'. They will all be proper photographs and not scans. They will be reasonably priced so if you are interested in old Arley then I would be pleased to see you.
Barrie Geens

Back