• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Services Pay

dennis

master brummie
At last it's good to hear that our boy's serving
in troubled countries are to have extra pay,
it is said it will help them to pay their taxes!!!!
why should they have to pay tax when they are not in the UK???
it's enough that they are out there serving their country
without having to pay for it,they(hopefuuly not) may have to pay with their lives

Give it them in one hand,take it back with the other......   :tickedoff:

Another "lets get popular" ploy by the government ?

Still, I guess its better than nothing

That's true Ray and Dennis, but if they have to wait for the goverment they will be waiting ages. My nephew went to Afganistan at Easter, came back August, he and a group of builders went there, at the goverments say so to rebuild something to do with the army, still waiting to be paid for the work that they did. A pity, that it takes so long for payments, as you say as long as our lads don't pay with their lives its better than a kick in the teeth.
:flower: :cat:

Back