• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Serious threat of attack on computer or not

I just tried and got this report from my Norton AV

A recent attempt to attack your computer was blocked

So there must be a problem.

Phil

Not from the site but from me: My Avast just flaaged it!!!
3_8_8.gif

I just clicked on the link and never got any type of warning, when the page loaded my computer froze, I had to wait ages for it to exit the program.:angry2:
Stay away.

I believe the Pals site was closed quite some time ago due to spam with virus's being posted on there.

I believe the Pals site was closed quite some time ago due to spam with virus's being posted on there.

perhaps the link to this site should be removed from this page :(
https://www.astonbrook-through-astonmanor.co.uk/genlinks.aspx

which is where I enetered from..
LIKEWISE
the address for the Army medal office, which is no longer there...bulldozed about 8 years ago...I used to live 800 yards away...must say have not tried the tel. no. which may direct you to the new place of residence.
Army Medal Office
For enquiries about army medal issues, and records of the Home Guard.
Government Office Buildings,
Worcester Road,
Droitwich,
Worcester, :(
WR9 8AU.
Tel: 01905 772323 .

Regards
Derek

I'm using Linux at the moment and have NO Antivirus or Firewall running (the Linux experts said I didn't need them when I asked). See what happened when I bravely clicked on the link.:)

My Avast said a virus has been detected :( when I clicked on link but shows nothing if I go via internet direct to site :rolleyes:

Back