• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

September 2008 edition Red Lion pub article, John Walter Weston article

A

Ann B

Jee Jee Jean asked me to contact Carl Chinn, because he wanted to see the photographs of my family in the Red Lion, a pub his family also used. Graham (Cadeau) spotted his uncle Fred Ford in the photo. Page 5 is a very interesting profile of John Walter Weston.

Ann

Hi Anne just noticed your thread and I must say the two photo's took up a whole page. Carl did say his grandad used the Red Lion also. Your sisters photo's on page fiver were excellent also. Bye. Jean.

Yes Ann very good article on the Ladypool Road Red Lion Darts Team of which my mother and aunt, the wife of Fred Ford, were also members and regular players at that time. At the time those photos were taken I was too young to be allowed into the pub and had to wait outside in the entry leading to the urinals. If I was lucky and they remembered that I was still standing outside someone would come out and give me a tiny packet of Smiths Crisps to last me all night until they all got turned out at closing time!:(

Fred Ford and my aunt 'Liz' Sheldon were the adopted parents of my cousin Frederick who has only just found his long lost family thanks to this wonderful forum that he joined not so long ago. Here is a photo of my mum, Lily Sheldon with Fredericks belated wife Jean, my aunt 'Liz' and Fred Ford in better times, they are all no longer with us.:cry:

Graham.

Back