• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

sending video's by e.mail

Hi Patty,
I just switched into Windows and downloaded something called DivX via the Computeractive site. It converted a 28.4Mb video down to 4.4Mb. I had the option of choosing to convert to a size suitable to be seen on a mobile phone. I played the video with several programs including VLC, it looked ok. Oher forum members might know of better converters, because DivX gave me lots of other features, which are useful, but which I didn't particularly want. Think I'll have a G & T after all that.:)

Patty, why not put the video files on a CD, write Holiday Photos on it with marker pen, put the CD in a cardboard sleeve and post it. The files can be copied off it into your daughters computer when the CD gets there. I've previously posted CD's simply placed inside greetings cards.:)

That is exactly what I thought of last night oldMohawk how strange is that, in fact I was just looking for a CD

Do you know Alf I have been known to be able to look into the future, you ask Jean !!!!!

Back