• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external website)

Derelict-UK

master brummie
10345731_10152461198875928_4604138009189503017_n.jpg

I was given access to the site over two days with permission from University Hospitals Birmingham and Coleman & Co. demolition group.

Selly Oak Hospital started life as King's Norton Union Workhouse in 1872. Departments started to move from the site in 2010 into the new QE super hospital nearby.

There are still offices in use on the site and the Woodlands Nurses Home is still occupied by offices and accommodation.

I am led to believe that most pre-1960 (red brick) buildings will not be demolished but converted, the rest (such as A&E and Outpatients will be going). They are currently demolishing some of the buildings at the infirmary end of the site, but if you look closely most are not original buildings but later developments. Whether this turns out to be true is another matter, time will tell!!

Over 300 images and a history section on my website...

www.photoaddiction.co.uk

Re: Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external websit

Thank you for sharing - very sad as it was my favourite hospital. I enjoyed looking through your photos and thank you for recording all this.

Re: Selly Oak Hospital, Raddlebarn Road documented - over 300 images (external websit

There are lots of memories associated with this hospital/workhouse. And more recent ones within my own family. I couldn't access your photos on the website though Derelict-uk.

Judy

I had no problem Judy have you tried to copy and paste it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have only sad memories to be honest. My Mom died there, my Dad's time there was not good. We all have different memories.

That said I'm loving the photos so many thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can open the site but not link to any photos from Selly Oak Hospital.

you can click on the home page image which will take you through to the selly oak section. If you are using internet explorer, maybe try another browser?

If you still have problems, could you tell me the browser you are using?

you can click on the home page image which will take you through to the selly oak section. If you are using internet explorer, maybe try another browser?

If you still have problems, could you tell me the browser you are using?
I have checked using both Chrome and Opera and both work fine.

Works for me on iPad and iPhone but not through IE9, page found but no "start slideshow" button.

Colin

The history page has the slideshow button removed. The rest of the pages should have the slideshow button.

Sometimes Internet Explorer is just pants though.

Thanks for the tip Derelict-UK. I tried opening it with Firefox, instead of IE, and it worked perfectly.

Judy

No problem Judy, IE doesn't work with a few things.

Hope you enjoy the pictures :)

I never visited Sell Oak hospital but I do remember a visit by H.M. The Queen, which I think was 1953. I stood at a cross roads waiting the see her and her car pass by.

Back