• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Selly Oak circa 1920-30

bcull

Brummie babby
My grandparents lived at 15 Daisy Farm Road during the early decades of the 20th century. Their children were born there, including my father and my two aunts. The family eventually moved to Sheldon Heath some time in the 1940's. I was born at my grandparents' house at Sheldon Heath in 1951. I emigrated to Canada as a young child and am interested in learning what life would have been like, should I have remained in England. How has Selly Oak changed for those of you who have remained?

The only Daisy Farm Road I can find is in Highter's Heath not Selly Oak. It appears to have been built between 1920 and 1937. On the 1937 map there is still quite a bit of open space/fields quite close. Most have been built on now but being in the very south of the city it'd only being a short drive to more rural areas.

You don't say the name of your grandparents but:
1939 e roll has Alfred and Agnes Parrish at 15 Daisy Farm Road as they are still listed there in 1965
55 (with a Janet Parrish) and you say the family moved in 1940s I assume these are not the right people.

Back