• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

See Birmingham by Post Card

motorman-mike

Brum visitor who stayed.
Welcome to a journey around Birmingham by Post Cards from my collection. As many as possible are restored to the original pre Forum crash postings
img083.jpg

Last edited:
Snow Hill Station facade (unknown date). Was'nt it magnificent?

Mike this could run as there are hundreds of postcards of Birmingham.

Snow Hill.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you everybody for some lovely pictures. I can remember quite a few of the scenes. For example the colour pic of the Bull Ring must have been late 1958 or early 1959, as you can see Bryant's the contractors had started to remnove Nelson's statue to a terrible site in Moor Street. I am ashamed to say I did the drawings for setting out the new site, and the new plinth base, in mid-1958.
The picture of a 'company' tramcar at the side of Snow Hill station is quite familiar to me, as I bought a sepia copy of that postcard in Woolworth's, Lozells Road in 1949 or 1950, and still have it.
Keep the pics rolling!
Peter

Another familiar view from the sixties, Smallbrook Ringway.

City Smallbrook Ringway 1963 .jpg

Last edited:
Another familiar view, long replaced by that horrible ramp. Stephenson Place at the bottom right of the postcard, looking up Corporation St.

City Stephenson Place.jpg

Last edited:
The other end of Corporation Street c.1940s. Note the odd caption - the Fire Station is nowhere to be seen.

BHF4a.jpg

Last edited:
mike,

I suppose it means, taken from the fire station. Well its not too far distant from the General Hospital, Steelhouse Lane.

City Steelhouse Lane General Hospital (4).jpg

Last edited:
Back