• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Security

warren

Administrator
Staff member
At some point over the weekend I will be installing a new hardware firewall to protect the site this is due to all the recent issues around the world this is just another step I can take to keep the site safe.

Warren
For the last few days I have had a lot of trouble staying on the forum. The page will suddenly seize or when trying to edit or change thread I will be told that the forun took too long to reply and was not available. sometimes this shortly after changed and forum came back , though had to log in again. Sometimes it took a few minutes before I could log on.
Would this be anything to do with any changes in the security update you mention?

For the last day or two the BHF has often been slow to appear on screen with the 'time out-too long to respond' message showing. I have no similar problems with other websites. When it happens I have tried immediately opening the forum's Image Host (Coppermine) in a separate tab and the same problem often appears there. The problem goes away for a time but is happening often enough to make me notice. It occurs with Chrome, Edge, IE11, and also with Safari on an iPad. I've tried all the usual cache clearing, network diagnostics etc and results indicate that my system and devices are ok.

It's not a big problem for me, I have been waiting to see if anyone has had similar problems and it seems they have. I don't have any problem staying logged in I just have to wait for the site to open.

Last edited:
yes phil i have had the same problems for 3 days now and i have also received emails from other members having the same trouble...another message i get is site not available also getting logged in and out like a yo yo and when i do evenually stay logged in and then want to view another thread its just loading a and loading for ages then those messages come up..no trouble with other forums phil so just to put your mind at rest its not just you...hopefully in due course warren will be able to let us know why this is happening..

lyn

It may be due to all the attacks but it may be down to the server router I think it may need replacing it's not really coping.

The new hardware with ddos protection in it arrives today so the site will be down for about 30 minutes while I implement it.

Back