• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Secret Underground Fire Station Uncovered

Hi Lynn
Yes its a fasinacting story and a real Gem of a find
What will happen to the gear now whom will take it and preserve it longer
Does the co/op still own it or the goverment Alan,,Astonian,,,'

hi alan..i heard on the news that the black country museum may be taking some of it...good for them i say...

lyn

What a find that is! Thanks for telling us Lyn. Be a good addition to BCM. Viv.

Well Lyn
Lets hope they do because they them selves at The Black country musuem
Are a Gem Of a Gem themselves ,if you aint been there yourselves ,beleive me it is a gem
Of a place about ten years ago i said to some one i am taking my kids to the black country
Musuem ,there reply was do not bother, you will be in and out within half an hour
How wrong they was , we was in there four a complete day a fasinacing place
Full of history and gems good on them yam right bostin,
Best wishes Alan,,,Astonian,,,,,

yes i agree with you alan..the black country museum is a little gem...i have been going there for years now...sometimes up to 5 times a year..its a credit to the people of the black country...i have also managed to get tickets this year to go to their evening christmas event...:)

lyn

Hi Lynn
Would this be a first for doing that christmas advent at the black country or what
I can imagine it will be a great scene to go around those litt up street in regala out fits
And i inmagine the xmas deco will be very traditional dressed up in those houses
Are they only sold on office box on entrance and yes i really loved the place myself
My old dutchess was abit embarrassing when i used to look in those cubbards in those house
And i would go on and tell my kids abkut the way i was brought up in little houses and the old cast iron fire place
To hang your pots and pans when cooking the dinner and toast and no electicity
Only gas mantles down in lichfield road and when they ripped out the whole old cast iron
Place with its ovens to place your pans in when cooking a meal
And when they put a tile fire place in its place we was stroking it ,, feeling it over and over
We thought we was posh so next day went dashing down to whitehouse street to tell our nan
That we have got a electric light with a switch and kur gas mantle removed but she was awainting for her turn
To bet her out yes its a great memory and a great place of gems
Best wishes Alan,,, Astonian,,,,

hi alan here is the link...its the traditional christmas evening event i am going to...they put on 4 nights in december but looking at their site all 4 nights are a sell out now..just for future reference you have to pre book for this event..tickets went on sale on 1st of september and i was on the phone as soon as the lines opened...no its not a new thing they have been doing this for a few years now...i am going on the 18th..

lyn
https://www.bclm.co.uk/season/christmas/christmas-evenings/1-240.htm

The black country museum is a place I have always wanted to go to, I will try to get up this winter, where exactly is it?Paul

you wont regret going paul...i think its wonderful..here is the link to the web page..gives you all the info you need to know oh when you do go you must try their fish and chips..cooked as they used to be:)

lyn
https://www.bclm.co.uk/

Back