• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Second innings

Hi Rupert, What beautiful words, as someone who be be clocking up 80 in
six months time they have a meaninful way of summing up life when you are heading for the last roundup as I undoubtly am. I very often think to
myself where have all the years gone? my thanks once again Bernard :cool:

Thanks very much for your comments they are all appreciated. I wish I knew how it all happens but I don't. The words come in a rush of a few minutes and I have to get them down quickly. It's a mystery. Sometimes I go back and change a few words a little but not often. I think the trigger for this one was that my son was moving out to his new home and marriage and I was looking at the empty bedroom before I went to bed. Your few words made getting up at 3 in the morning and typing away, worth the trouble. Hope you have a decent bit of path remaining Bernard. Oh, and bring the ball if you have one.

Rupert

That was truly lovely Rupert only just got back from the shops even Peter read it and said you should write a book of your poetry. Jean.

Your poem is very moving Rupert and now i know the background
it is even more so. Thanks for writing those very special words and posting them for us to read.

Thanks again Jenny and Jean. I don't think my stuff is good enough now and improvement takes time besides if the few posters who comment here is a yardstick of the interest for poetry out there...then the value is not great. Even the Readers Digest has shut down now. Not even an outlet for my William short stories...ha ha. I just get a kick from writing for you guys.

Rupert

Rupert well just keep them coming I wish I could put pen to paper like yoursel it's in my head but just can't express my thoughts in writing. Jean.

Brilliant piece of work Rupert!!!

I know what you mean about getting it down on paper. You may know that I've had two bad heart ops so get deadly tired very quickly and a few afternoons ago I had to go in my bed really dead dead beat. No sooner was my head down the thoughts started flowing and had to jump out of bed to get it all down, if I don't its gone forever.

Your great fan, Graham.

I have written many pages of poems. Some serious, some funny and some rude.
I always put them in a folder when I finished them and now I have loads and loads. I forget what the content is for most of them because I have not penned any for about ten years. If I can find a suitable one I will Post it.

Back