• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search 1871 for Richard Thomas and Agatha Yates.

W

Wendy

I have searched without luck for my great great grandparents Richard Thomas and Agatha Yates in 1871. In 1861 they are at Victoria Place Lower Russell Street. In 1881 they are in Victoria Road. I can only think it has been miss transcribed.
Any help would be great.

View attachment 77658 View attachment 77659

smtr

master brummie
Hi Wendy

On Ancestry they have been transcribed as WATES and are living at Lennox Street, Aston. FMP have transcribed it correctly as YATES.

Regards

Suzanne

W

Wendy

I thought that might be the case, thank you so much Suzanne I have been searching for ages..xx

smtr

master brummie
Hi Wendy

I assume you have Richard and Agatha in 1891 at 14 Leonard Rd but I wonder if you have seen the newspaper article from Sat Aug 10th 1889 in the Bham Daily Post?

"A Dishonest Workman - Joseph Wigley, Painter, Dover St, Park Road, Hockley was sentenced to six weeks hard labour for stealing on May 23rd a gold brooch of the value of £1 1s; the property of Richard Thomas Yates, 14 Leonard Rd, Aston."

I wonder if Mr Wigley had been doing some work at Richard's house? :)

Suzanne