• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

School leaving certificate Do you still have yours?.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
Going through my certificates this morning I came across my leaving certificat. Would anyone like to share their's with the forum. Going to copy mine later and post it. Jean.

Not sure I still have mine but I do have a certificate that belonged to my late MiL - a right little goody two shoes she was an all.

Jean cant find mine but I do remember most of my school reports said "too much tongue" dont know whatever they meant do you?

1936 Gareth is the heads name Flavell only someone we know by that name had a brother who was a headmaster somewhere. Jean.

Posting mine in the morning Alf. Been busy tonight. Pete's brother popped round later and you know what it's like. Can't be ignorant. Jean.

Go on then and look for it. When I was looking for something entirely different I found mine. Didn't find what I was looking for in the first place though. Jean.

Here's my Mom's from 1934. She, as most of my lot including me, went to Ryland Road. Look out, I feel a Frothy moment coming on!

As I posted on a different thread, here is my dad leaving cert.

ps; sorry you cant enlarge it, I just copied it from the previous posting as I havn't got the original file here.

This is mine Jean from Harry Lucas Secondary School. I wonder if I proved the headmaster Mr 'Johnie' Walker right?

Funny how things have changed? Now-a-days the kids are given a glitzie graduation whereas we, got called up onto the school stage, presented with our leaving certificate while shaking the headmasters hand and vacated the building.

Mind you, a stretch Ford Hillman Minx just doesn't sound right, does it? Mabz

GG Jean

Was your Leaving Certificate signed by Headmistress, Miss Vera Plant? Picture is not very clear. As far as I know she is still with us and is now 92 years of age. She was my teacher in the top class at Tilton Road Senior Girls School in 1945/46 and I know she was at the Manor school in Aston in the late 1960's I usually give her a ring at this time of the year.

Junie

Hi June I ring Miss Plant but normally pass messages on through Dorothy Holland who has stood by her through thick and thin. Dorothy is on the forum but does not post. I have reunited her with someone else on the site through Kent street swimming club. Well two people actually. If you have some photo's sort them out and put them on the forum June. There are some great certificates posted especially ones of their parents. Jean.

Hi Jean

Is Dorothy the one Miss Plant calls her niece and she lives next door? The last time I spoke to Miss Plant she appeared to be a little confused.

Sorry, but I do not know how to put photographs on the Forum. I am just an enthusiastic dabbler with the computer.

Cheers June

Hi Junie I'm not sure where Dorothy lives but she has told me over the phone that Miss Plant does become confused easily these days. I must phone her as I have not for a few years. Jean.

Back