• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Scholes Harold Webb

Martin PS

Hi, trying to do a bit of work tracing my Dad's dad, who was Harold Webb Scholes.

He served in the Trenches during WW1 having joined the army in Lancashire. He very sensibly married a Birmingham girl and we believe that for a time he worked at the Jenny Lynd pub, perhaps as a manager?

This would have been in the late 1920s perhaps early 1930s as he died young from TB, his lungs were weakened due to having been caught in a gas attack.

Anyone got any ideas of how I could proceed with getting some information, please?

Harry Webb Scholes, son of Peter Scholes and Harriet Cooke, born Bury 1890 death registered Heywood Mar qtr 1937.

What information are you looking for? Basic dates and relatives can be found from the genealogy sites. For personal recollections or family descendants you need a lot of luck.

1933 Kelly's directory of Birmingham lists him at the Jenny Lind so I assume he was the licensee.

Back