• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Scams: Telephone, email, texts, other 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a local number call yesterday with an automated voice thanking me for my Amazon purchase and that I owe £300, obviously a scam. I have reported a similar scam 6 months ago.

I got a local number call yesterday with an automated voice thanking me for my Amazon purchase and that I owe £300, obviously a scam. I have reported a similar scam 6 months ago.
i had a message thanking me for using ebay spending £200 on jumpers,when i checked someone had bought some jumpers on my card. paypal blocked my card and gave me a refund.

Thank you Pedrocut for this very important advise which was on BBC Breakfast this morning.

It makes you more appreciative of our wonderful UK Postal Service and the dedicated teams of 'posties'

I knew what Viv meant but some of the scam emails use Post Office which should arouse immediate suspicion.
Royal Mail ones need caution as well.

I know (from experience) that the iPhone, but probably also android, will only ring a number if it is in your contact list, otherwise straight to the SIM providers answering system without any sound at all. Bit of a mixed blessing, doctor rings from his own unlisted number, delivery driver wants to find you etc. Same thing can happen on my home phone answering machine as well, but that will flash if required without ringing, to allow the number to be viewed before pickup. Happy new year. Andrew.

i never get calls/text on my mobile.they use the landline instead grrrr.if it does not display a number i dont answer it now and let it go to answer
Could be a bit of a problem if your doctor or hospital wanted to urgently get in touch with you, as they usually are from a switchboard and do not display

Could be a bit of a problem if your doctor or hospital wanted to urgently get in touch with you, as they usually are from a switchboard and do not display
i can see and hear the phone it is right by me in the shack., so if it important i pick it up. if i am out they leave a message.
mobiles are like rubber ladders here useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back