• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Scam - lookalike PayPal messages

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
Beware if you get this email it's obviously a scam. Subject line is 'Account Staus: Suspended' Don't open it.

If you want to check anything always go into your account through your normal route, not via emails like this. Viv.

image.jpeg

Just had another one of these emails. This time they've corrected the greeting, no jibberish in there now. It looks harmless but it isn't. As said earlier Don't open it and don't give any personal details. If you need to check anything on your account always go through your normal route to sign in, don't go via the email. The explanation for allegedly suspending the a/c in 24 hours is rubbish as they say they'll assume the a/c is fraudulant. But the action they're telling you about is that someone else is trying to access your a/c, that not you or your a/c being 'fraudulent'. Nonsensical! I've reported this to PayPal. Viv.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably worth noting that any genuine communication from PayPal will address you by name. Some of the scam ones I've seen include 'Hello', 'Dear PayPal Customer', 'Dear Valued Customer'.....etc.

Yes thanks. I reported this one a couple of times and they asked for feedback. Problem was, their standard questions didn't seem - to me - to be very helpful to them. Viv.

Back