• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

sayings

Terasa, I have not heard the saying although my Mom often made fagotts she also taught me. I remember she would hold up the "kell" to wrap them in, it reminded me of lace.........like a veil. I expect this is where the saying came from.
kell disgusting looking stuff

As a child my mother always said

Don't poke yo nose in other people business
Always keep yo nose clean
And always tell the truth ,if you can.

In our family if someone poured a very weak cup of tea - it was called Maid's Water.
I remember once when I was at work and it was my turn to make the tea. As I was pouring it out from the pot someone said " Bl**dy hell that's so weak you could read the mail through that!"

"Elbow grease" Fall for that one once, was looking though the cupboard for ages.

A can/tin of compression, box of sparks, the cylinder head plane , exhaust bearing, and how about a giggling pin ?.
giggle (jiggle) pin, is the split pin at the bottom of a car gearbox. it lets leaking oil drip out on. in a radiator it it lets air out

Last edited:
And i did fall for the chippys one: hey son, get me a piece of wood a thick b' wide long.

If you happened to cut yourself my Mother would say,get that seen to or you'll have a pigs foot grow on that

Back