• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Save on Windows read on Mac?

BordesleyExile

master brummie
If I save pictures onto a memory stck using Microsoft Windows can the photos on the memory stick be accessed on a Mac computer?
Advice would be much appreciated.

Yep. Macs will open the pictures. Langstraat or Peter Walker are your best bets at good advice with this.

Thank you so much, Rod. This is such good news as it means that I can share with family the pictures of the places the ancestors lived.

Id hoped Langstraat would have popped into help here ? where are you Langy

... He emailed me to pass on his apologises. Apparently his Mac just doesn't work any more.
z7shysterical.gif

... Only jesting, David.
joker.gif

Id hoped Langstraat would have popped into help here ? where are you Langy

You answered it so well Rod I didn't think I needed to upstage you. LOL

It's true there shouldn't be a problem opening any manner of images saved on a memory stick from a windows machine although I couldn't vouch for the other way round. ;)

no problems the other way I would guess unless its saved with a MAC based file extension, but I wouldn't really know the score cus I aint got a Mac.

I swop piccies to my Iphone from windows and back again so I guessed there'd be no probs with Bordesley's request?

I'm a Wasbeen David so no matter now if I'm upstaged :D

Thank you for your support & kindness Rod, Oisin & Langstratt. You have given me the confidence to proceed. The pictures that I will save onto the memory stick should make a present with a real difference.

Back