• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saunders Florence

Lyn Walker

knowlegable brummie
Looking for information on Florence Saunders B C 1896 married George Henry Harper died in 1901 in asylum in Birmingham daughter of John Saunders and Maria nee Palmer

Re: Florence Saunders

This will be her in 1891 census
60 Cattell road
John Saunders head 43 Gunmaker
Maria Saunders wife 44
Sarah Saunders daughter 21 bookkeeper
John Saunders son 20 gunbarrel filer
William Saunders son 17 gunbarrel filer
Amelia Saunders daughter 15 warehouse girl
Florence Saunders daughter 14 Scholar
Arthur Saunders son 11 Scholar
Sarah Palmer mother 74
All born Birmingham
Mike

1901 census
Saunders John age 56 Head born Birmingham Gun Maker Sporting
Saunders Maria age 56 Wife born Birmingham, Warwickshire
Saunders Amelia age 25 Daughter born Birmingham,Gun Maker Sporting
Saunders Arthur age 21 Son born Birmingham,
Kemp Sarah age 31 Daughter born Birmingham,
Kemp Howard age 6 Grand Son born Birmingham,
Kemp Elsie age 4 Grand Daughter born Birmingham,
Harper George age 5 Grand Son born Birmingham
Weldon Sarah age 25 born Birmingham Servant
All living at 5 Bankes Road, Deritend

Name: George Harper married Sarah Ann Wood
Year of Registration: 1909
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Birmingham (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 266
Two years after their marriage they lived at 7 Court 5 Granville Street Birmingham .
Had a son,called George William James in 1910,Sarah Ann was 23 when she married,and George became a bridle cutter in a leather works!
Name: George William J Harper
Year of Registration: 1910
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Birmingham (1837-1924)
County: Warwickshire
Volume: 6d
Page: 177

Looking for information on Florence Saunders B C 1896 married George Henry Harper died in 1901 in asylum in Birmingham daughter of John Saunders and Maria nee Palmer

Hello, I know this is years after you posted this but I've only just come across it! I'm john Saunders great great grand daughter. I have photos of him and his son William who's my great grand father. Let me know if you'd like to see them and what relation you are to him? Thanks Jane

I have sent you a reply but not sure if I did it right, just replied to the e-mail, let me know if you got it
Lyn Walker

Hi Jane
John Saunders born was born in 1846 and he married Maria Palmer, according to my records they had 8 children.Florence married George henry Harper in 1895 and they had 2 children Elsie born1895 and George Henry my husbands grandfather who was born in 1896, he died in the flu epidemic in 1918when he was 22 years old and my mother in law Louisa was 6 months old.His widow my husband's grandmother remarried twice more and my mother inl law did not realise she had any family actually mention them, we have been in Canada since 1968 and live on Vancouver Island. I have lots of certificates and photos also I would like to share, not sure how we do this
Lyn

Hi Lyn, that's exciting news. I've sent you a direct message so we can share family info directly, hopefully it will work. Jane x

Back