• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sarah Ann Wier - 1861 Look-Up Please

Jules65

master brummie
Could someone find Sarah Ann Wier on the 1861 census please. I know she married my gg grandfather at St. Phillips church in 1866. She was born in Norfolk in 1845. I don't know when she came to Birmingham or who her parents were. Any help would be great.

ladylinda

master brummie
Hi there, could this be her. A servant working for the Hacket family on Moseley Road.
note Wier spelt WYER
If you send off for the marriage certificate,this should give father's name

Last edited:

ladylinda

master brummie
There is also a Sarah Wyer,born 1845 Norwich,Norfolk,daughter of Thomas M and living in Norwich in 1861.

ladylinda

master brummie
In 1851 there is a family comprising of John Whyer,wife Frances.and daughter Susannah (8),Sarah Ann (6),Frances (5),and Matilda (1month),in Norfolk.
In 1861,what I think is the same family,has John Wyer,daughters Frances (15),Matilda (10) and a son William (4),in Norfolk.
This could be the same Sarah Ann's family

Jules65

master brummie
Hi there, could this be her. A servant working for the Hacket family on Moseley Road.
note Wier spelt WYER
If you send off for the marriage certificate,this should give father's name
Thank you for your help ladylinda. Yes I think I will send off for the wedding certificate. Of course, that will be a great help in the search for her with her family.