• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

samuel morgan

lindaparry19

master brummie
new to this site trying to find the birth of my ggandfather born 1830 saint martins need the parish record as birmingham bmd have no records untill 1837 could some very kind person help regards linda parry

Last edited:
welcome linda

found the record

samuel son of william and sarah morgan born 31 oct 1830 chr.22 nov 1830

at st. martins bham abode bromsgrove st. occ hinge maker

hi again on samuel morgan parish record did it say anything about william morgan have try to find bmd no luck regards linda

if you mean samuels father it just said bromsgrove st. and hinge maker. if you mean when was he born that might be quite difficult unless i have a year approx. also he may not have been christened there. i will have a look anyway.

the only thing ive found is another birth

john son of william and sarah morgan b. 22 mar 1836 chr.1 aug 1836 at st.martins they were living ann street and father was a hinge filer

hi shera thank you is any thing in the parish records about the james davis & mary davis they had alfred samuel james gertrude jessica rose nelly edward i have found them in only one census 1891 under david best rgards linda

no linda i havent found anything for them but it is only st. martins so they probably used a different church.

hi sherai am also looking for james davis one of my family have said they lived at 103 nelson street 8 children & 2 borders in st martins can you help me please regards linda

could you give me dates of birth etc of adults or children. i did look before for a james davis but didnt find anything but if you give me some dates/ages etc i will have another go

thank you for looking again james was born in walverhamton so the other are gertrude 1887 jessica 1889 james 1889 ? samuel 1895 death 1968 alfred 1899 died 1916 rose matilda 1905 died 1998 nelly 1907 died 1988 edward 1911 my mother said they lived in bromsgrove street but i think it was nellson st bestregard linda

sorry linda ive had another good look but they are not there. nothing at all so must have been christened at another church. :(

Back