• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Samuel Hawkins

Maddy2000

Trying to find out more about my grans dad,
We recently found letters between him and my great-gran. His name is Samuel Hawkins, the address on the letters was Heath St, Winson Green Birmingham.
Was wandering if anyone knows any information about him or any Hawkins around the same time (just after ww2 around 1950-1955).
We think he had connections to Newcastle and Belfast.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum.
There is limited information available online for those years as data is still covered by the 100 year rule designed to give privacy.
Plenty of data for pre 1920s + 1939 register and some electoral rolls.
Good luck in your search.

Hi Maddy, it's been a few months since you posted this but perhaps you're still checking the forum. My grandmother's family were Hawkins and they lived in Smethwick for many generations - which is not so far from Winson Green. She was Sylvia Hawkins and her father was Henry Hawkins, who went by Harry. They were both in Smethwick in the 50s. But I can't see any Samuel Hawkins on our tree I'm afraid. Do you know the names of his parents? As Janice highlighted you're likely to have much more luck with the earlier generation thanks to the records available.

Back