• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

SAMSUNG TABLET A

carolina

master brummie
I have been given a Samsung Tablet A by a friend I have had it completely put back to default. I have entered all my details in but for some reason I am getting the internet in Chinese!! I have looked and my language is showing its English. Any ideas please.

Had a quick look on the net, and see if this helps, go to setting, and look for language which you have appeared to have done. Have you saved English. Sometime on computers it may show, but you have not saved the preference.

Everything is in English except internet
Where did you set the language to English?
I think you might be able to set the language in "settings " and also in the "google app" and I think this is what controls the internet.

Last edited:
What is your web browser? Chrome has a language setting separate from the rest. Since this is probably an Android tablet and chrome is default, it might be worth checking there. Look in settings on the browser (not the tablet) for languages - it might be hidden under advanced.

Are you using the Samsung internet link? If you can't sort it try downloading Chrome which works well and is what I use on my Tab-S.

Eric thanks but no matter what I do I cannot get internet in English. I will have to ring the company who cleared all previous data

What is your web browser? Chrome has a language setting separate from the rest. Since this is probably an Android tablet and chrome is default, it might be worth checking there. Look in settings on the browser (not the tablet) for languages - it might be hidden under advanced.
I dont know what the browser is because its all chinese. Its an android Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Its just updating and showing Android 10

I have been told that as it was a locked tablet, the shop probably used a chinese app to unlock it. Aaaggghhh!!!

I bought a Fusion5 tablet early last year. It is only used as a kind of book. I have books which I can read and I follow the words of certain church services.
On the occasions I needed to type - browser or other need - I had the choice of keyboards (Qwerty and Azerty).
But presumably a Google - or other update managed to change the keyboard to a speech function. I wanted the keyboards and not to speak to an object. It took nearly half an hour to find out how to key my keyboards back a prevent to speech facility!!
There are many things in life that are sent to try us - technology is one of them. :(

Carolina - Just out of interest (or should I say being nosey!) did you sort this out? John
I bought it off a friend whose wife had passed away, he didnt know her password to get into it so it was taken to a shop to 'open it'. Apparently he used a chinese app to access it, hence the Chinese internet. Its going back to the shop on Wednesday to be put right. Fingers crossed.

I bought it off a friend whose wife had passed away, he didnt know her password to get into it so it was taken to a shop to 'open it'. Apparently he used a chinese app to access it, hence the Chinese internet. Its going back to the shop on Wednesday to be put right. Fingers crossed.
Good idea or talk to a Samsung support person.............

One of my sons was given a Samsung laptop by one his customers. It had Windows 7 installed. They were going to bin it NOT ADVISABLE. They suggested that a shop might erase details.
I looked at it - it contained a lot of info - with the idea of upgrading to W10.
However it did seem to be some hassle, so I installed Linux MATE which erased W7 and all the details,
Works fine, without all the extra things he would want which comes with Windows.

Back