• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Saltley Street

Lynda Harvey

Brummie Born and Bred
Anyone know where Saltley Street was? According to the 1841 census that was where my GGGramdmother used to live and yet her children were born in Garrison Lane. Any help out there?
Lynda :-\

Marked in Yellow,It was demolished and a park was put in its place, Lynda   O0

Thanks Cromwell
Have a modern Birmingham Street Atlas and ofcourse it doesn't show it. Can see just where it was now. Thanks again
Lynda

Lynda, you can see the aerial photograph of the park on Google Earth. If you dont have the programme I will post the picture for you. You can just see the lines in the grass where the street was.
Regards.

Back