• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saltley & Alum Rock

Yes, John is my older brother. We lived in the shop on the corner of Bridge and College Roads.
Thanks for your reply Beryl, im not sure if you or John would remember us, we lived right next door to the Rosary Chapel, I used to run around with John, many years ago. My name's Terence, how is he now ?? tell him I was asking about him. We get up to Brum very rarely now, my wife and I live in Northern Ireland now, we have a daughter in Bristol so get over there quite regularly....

Thanks for your reply Beryl, im not sure if you or John would remember us, we lived right next door to the Rosary Chapel, I used to run around with John, many years ago. My name's Terence, how is he now ?? tell him I was asking about him. We get up to Brum very rarely now, my wife and I live in Northern Ireland now, we have a daughter in Bristol so get over there quite regularly....
Hi Terence, I can't say I remember you but I do remember John and Michael knowing some one who lived next door to the Rosary. We also moved away ..quite far away. We live in Adelaide in South Australia. John is fine and I will mention you to him. I have been back to the UK many times but haven't been to Saltley for many years.

Hi Terence, I can't say I remember you but I do remember John and Michael knowing some one who lived next door to the Rosary. We also moved away ..quite far away. We live in Adelaide in South Australia. John is fine and I will mention you to him. I have been back to the UK many times but haven't been to Saltley for many years.
T
Mmm

Last edited:
Sorry Terence, I should have mentioned we all moved to Australia as a family in 1973. John lives here in Adelaide as well. The name Martin McCrory sounds familiar to me. I remember playing football in the playground of the Rosary school with a heap of boys during school holidays.
Do you remember a truck going through the living room of a house on Bridge Road.?

how many of you guys still live in saltley or close to it, and has the Gardner’s shut down .

Do any of you remember the Copes family who lived in Bridge Road near the church they had to daughters Carol who was my sisters bridesmaid can't remember the younger one. Bobg the Gardeners is still going but its a private club now not a working mans club. Bish

Hi. Beryl talking 1957-63 have remembered the younger sister Brenda. Anything else you want would like to know about the Rock and Saltley Imay be able to help. Bish

Tell me about it born and bread in Phillimore Rd there till 1974 used the Labour club in Highfield Rd. Bish.

Hi. Bob. There were two corner shops on Wright Rd. Porters on the corner with Havelock Rd. and Pughs on the corner of Herrick Rd. Bish.

Hi. Bob. sorry forgot Fields on the corner of Phillimore Rd. next door was Harry Longs corn shop Bish

Back