• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saltley & Alum Rock

Tandb60

Brummie babby
Yes, John is my older brother. We lived in the shop on the corner of Bridge and College Roads.
Thanks for your reply Beryl, im not sure if you or John would remember us, we lived right next door to the Rosary Chapel, I used to run around with John, many years ago. My name's Terence, how is he now ?? tell him I was asking about him. We get up to Brum very rarely now, my wife and I live in Northern Ireland now, we have a daughter in Bristol so get over there quite regularly....

Beryl Hayes

Brummie from down under
Thanks for your reply Beryl, im not sure if you or John would remember us, we lived right next door to the Rosary Chapel, I used to run around with John, many years ago. My name's Terence, how is he now ?? tell him I was asking about him. We get up to Brum very rarely now, my wife and I live in Northern Ireland now, we have a daughter in Bristol so get over there quite regularly....
Hi Terence, I can't say I remember you but I do remember John and Michael knowing some one who lived next door to the Rosary. We also moved away ..quite far away. We live in Adelaide in South Australia. John is fine and I will mention you to him. I have been back to the UK many times but haven't been to Saltley for many years.

Tandb60

Brummie babby
Hi Terence, I can't say I remember you but I do remember John and Michael knowing some one who lived next door to the Rosary. We also moved away ..quite far away. We live in Adelaide in South Australia. John is fine and I will mention you to him. I have been back to the UK many times but haven't been to Saltley for many years.
T
That's a bit further than me.... You would hardly recognise Bridge Road now, it's very sad, your shop was still going last time we were there, but our row of houses have all gone... Maybe if Johns about next time we are up that way we could meet, that's if he would be happy to... ask him if he remembers Martin McCrory ...

Beryl Hayes

Brummie from down under
Sorry Terence, I should have mentioned we all moved to Australia as a family in 1973. John lives here in Adelaide as well. The name Martin McCrory sounds familiar to me. I remember playing football in the playground of the Rosary school with a heap of boys during school holidays.
Do you remember a truck going through the living room of a house on Bridge Road.?

Tandb60

Brummie babby
Sorry Terence, I should have mentioned we all moved to Australia as a family in 1973. John lives here in Adelaide as well. The name Martin McCrory sounds familiar to me. I remember playing football in the playground of the Rosary school with a heap of boys during school holidays.
Do you remember a truck going through the living room of a house on Bridge Road.?
Lol Now that's a bit far for a visit Beryl lol .... We left Bridge Road in around 1968, moved to Tile Cross, it was never the same. Mom and Dad then moved home to Northern Ireland in 79, I followed in 81, got married in 82..Martin was murdered in Copenhagen in 2006, stabbed... He lived in the same row of houses we lived in, on Bridge Road. I never did hear about that truck driving in the house, in what year did that happen ??