• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS

Ray, superb pictures, what I saw was the peace that there is down on the canal, above you the bustle and hubbub of the junction, on the canal, peace and calm. Mind you coming off the Grand Union and turning to port, or right, onto the Birmingham and Fazely in a 72foot boat was interesting...nuff said
Bob

Grim area for cars. Not sure about now, but the M5/6 around that area was hard on tyres, too much swarf and other objects.

Grim area for cars. Not sure about now, but the M5/6 around that area was hard on tyres, too much swarf and other objects.
i help build it. and then got a job working on it, .i worked recovery/breakdown driving up and down there 7 days a week.i knew every hole,and bump. in that big rd, sure did pick up some items that had fell off trucks:mad: best was a crate of bananas.

The late and great Graham Webb raced at SALFORD PARK in the 1960s does anyone have any photos of the track and the date that the track opened? All the photos that were on the post are not there anymore

Back