• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

SALFORD BRIDGE AREA NEW PHOTOS

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks ray griffiths will very shortly be ready to post about 40 unseen photos of the salford bridge area...he has spent a lot of time time cleaning them up before he posts them ..i believe they are on glass plate...

could i please ask members not to make any comments about these photos until ray has posted all of the photos as he would prefer them to run consecutively so watch this space folks...many thanks ray for taking the time to share these photos with us

lyn

Last edited:
ok folks ray has got all the salford park photos on now...the date taken is september 1967... thank you ray these are superb .... in due course ray will have other photos to post for other areas....thread is now open for any comments/observations

lyn

Ray, I always credit the owner of the pics (where known) and will certainly will do so in your case. I lived near there donkeys years ago, Queens Rd and Vicarage Rd. If I do a painting it will be donated to the raffle at our next meet assuming we ever have one. Thanks Eric

Ray, you have quite a few photos of the waterworks building. Was it of any special interest to you? I did go in it before it was demolished.

Caught a few good roach in the cut a bit further up around the Barn Social.
There was a place where water was flowing into the canal from the opposite bank just by the bridge before you get to the Barn. That spot always had fish

There is an existing thread Saford Bridge, and a similar picture posted by Lady Peneloppe''

Ray, I always credit the owner of the pics (where known) and will certainly will do so in your case. I lived near there donkeys years ago, Queens Rd and Vicarage Rd. If I do a painting it will be donated to the raffle at our next meet assuming we ever have one. Thanks Eric
Was that Queens Road off Slade Road? If so my nan lived at number 20. When she was 94 I had to drive her all over Spaghetti Junction, did about 50 plus miles in the company car at 6pence per mile
Bòb

Back