• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Saint Pauls Road

• Thread starter peterkinshepherd
  • Start date
P

peterkinshepherd

I used to live in Saint Pauls Avenue 1935-1963. The number was 18, but I notice on Google that the row numbered 1 to 12 no longer exists so my row 13-24, may have been renumbered, in which case it is probably number 6. Has anyone a photgraph or photographs of either the Avenue or the road. I well remember living through the air raids and sheltering in the cellar. Several bombs destroyed houses in the road and an incendary went through the roof of my grandfather's house at 14 in the avenue. We had a party at the end of the war in the road.

Peter Shepherd

Hi
Can anyone remember Henry Queney who had a son called Rowland, who I think was an artist. They lived at no. 50 Saint Pauls Road in 1911. A relative of mine used to be their domestic servant. Any information on the family would be great. Thanks

Back