• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saint Michaels No. 2

I have had a request for a second painting of Saint Michaels, the last one an Autumn scene, this one a winter scene and different view. Eric
Thank you Cookie, another blast from my past, after Chester Road, Baptist (never knew the reason why), but the Cottons (he was the Pastor) moved from over the road and we were suddenly going to Boldmere. Dad and I followed the football team for years, alternating them with Villa, although one year we did all their home and away games.

So nice to see you this morning Eric and collect the wonderful painting. Lovely to meet your (very strong) dog, Elsa. I'll send you the photo of the pub as soon as I can find one suitable. Thanks again. Penny

Morning Eric, I'm trying all ways to get this photo to you - see my PM earlier today. However, this may be the best way.

My original email read:
I'm enclosing a photo of the Eagle which I spoke to you about. There's no rush as I don't need it yet.

Sorry it took so long - the photo we have on the wall is black and white and I wanted a colour one.

A few things I'd like changed, if that's OK:

The door has been boarded up and Graham would like a proper one but can't remember what it was like.

If at all possible we would like you to miss out some of the vehicles especially the ones in the left hand corner. Perhaps the van on the other side as well.

And could you leave out the workman etc in front of the pub if at all possible.

At least there are no trees to paint in this one!

Many thanks,

Penny

Attachments

• the Eagle   - Copy.jpg
    the Eagle - Copy.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 14
Back