• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Saint Georges church, Newtown

My mom always said she wore a white pinnie for school and now i can see what she would have looked like.. Great pic..

What a lovely old School photo I couldn,t help but notice the two old gas lights still in working order. Dek

Notice the size of the classes, over 40 pupils there, and yet the teachers still had full control. Regarding Loo Bloom, I think there was a number of Branches, I know I have had clothes from there, where the shop was I cannot remenber though. Eric

Last edited:
Yes Lyn, My mother is extreme right at the back. She lived just over the road from the school behind the premises of "Loo Bloom" gents tailors. The shop was there for many years and would be familiar to anyone living in the vicinity. I remember the house very well indeed. Since my mother was an only child, the family managed to survive in a degree of comfort not known to many of the poor families of the area. Conditions that we hope will never again be experienced. Thanks for the help. Regards. willey

hi keith...thought i had seen a pic of loo blooms on the forum...it was in gt hampton row..thanks to mike for originally posting it...

Lyn
It might be appropriate to put on the forum the whole of the article i got the picture from. Unfortunately it was in two halves, and I have joined the two halves, but it looks a bit tatty
Mike

LEOBLO7E4~0.JPG

Back