• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saint Georges church, Hockley

cookie273uk

master brummie
A loose pen and 2 colour wash of St Georges church Hockley, now of course demolished, this is a method I use when trying something out, occassionly they end up as a finished painting, as in this case Saint_Georges_church~0.JPG

wonderful..just wonderful eric...our mom and dad were married at st georges...

lynne i will fight you for it lol....only joking...eric if you are selling it please give lynne first offer as i know just how much this church means to her...it really is lovely..

lyn x

cookie273uk (aka Eric)
lovely picture Eric. Bought a tear to the wife's eye, took her back to her Sunday School classes.
jimbo

Very nice picture, very glad you took the time and trouble to paint it. I think when we lose building like this, we also erase memories

Love that Eric. It is a beautiful painting. I think a lot of us on here have connections either with the church or if not, the area around it.

Judy

Great news Folks, Eric said I can have the picture, he is going to frame it for me and only charging for the frame, what a star this man is. Thank you so much Eric.
Lynne.

There were a couple of cars on the old b/w pic which I omitted as I was trying to create a feeling of tranquility, they may have been concealing a gateway (it seems a long wall not to have an entrance, would anybody know ?? Eric

There were a couple of cars on the old b/w pic which I omitted as I was trying to create a feeling of tranquility, they may have been concealing a gateway (it seems a long wall not to have an entrance, would anybody know ?? Eric

eric i think the pic is showing the tower st entrance to the churchyard and there was a gate which still exists..there is also a gate on gt hampton row and where gt russell st used to be...

great news lynne i bet you are delighted to now own this lovely painting...

would love to have seen that moss lol...actually i was just wondering why i was not christened at st georges seeing as i was born only 5 mins walk away...must ask our dad if he remembers why not...i was christened at holy trinity birchfield road perry barr..

lyn

Nice one Eric...I went to find it after I started doing family research,too late I'm afraid, it had already been bull dozed.There was a memorial there to an ancestor of mine, Josep Proud...but I never got to see it...

it looks wonderful eric...lynne will be delighted when she see the painting framed...

lyn

Back