• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Safe Return

Ray Barrett

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN R.I.P.
It occured to me how many ex-servicemen and women there are on this site,and how we never blow our own trumpet.:rolleyes:.So after seeing on another thread,Maggie has a son in Afghanistan,and, I am sure there are others on the forum,I thought why not give them some of our time and thoughts.They deserve a rousing cheer and I wish them all a safe and speedy return.:greatbritainflag:

Ray Maggies son is not in the forces he is working out there

Mossy

Whatever he is doing Mossy,doubtless, he is making it a safer and better place.
They are all making history,and this is a history forum,so best wishes to them all.

Its only my opinion its history that should not be,i dont think our troops should be there in the first place,it was the government in power that sent them there

Mossy

It is true that Maggie & Toms son is in Afghanistan. It is also true that he is not in the armed forces, but he does work with them and he is in one of the compounds and could come under attack at any time. I don't know him but I do feel relieved when Maggie tells me she has had a message from him or when she has spoken to him on skype.

Mossy,
I agree, they shouldn't be there,but it doesn't alter the fact that they are,and doing a superb job.So, couldn't you put aside your negativity,and find it in your heart to wish them well and a safe return.

Ray Barrett, you are of course exactly correct with your opinion. I have a very good friend whos son is an R.S.M. in 45 Commando. He has done two or three stints out there. Although I would'nt know the official reasoning behind it all, I do know what he and his family tell me. Apparantly our lads and lassies out there are doing their level best to curtail the growth of world terrorism. They all have the respect of my family and we wish them all well and a safe return.

Many Many thanks Ray for starting this thread I do think we need to give our lads and girls out there ALL our support ..:)

Thanks Stitcher and Maggie,
The morality and the politics of it is not my point,all I care about is those doing the job,they need our support and good wishes.
We have a family member there,he has only just recovered from gunshot wounds in Iraq,and was sent there,two weeks after his wedding.

i too have a family member (my nephew) who has served in iraq and afghanistan. he is due to go back to afghanistan very soon. my best wishes go to all the servicemen and women and hope that they succeed in their task and can return home soon :love:

I hope that all our troops wherever they are will all come home safe.. and we should respect what they are doing ...whether we agree with the politics or not :rolleyes: my son is out there by choice hopefully making things easier for the lads who are there:)

Back