• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sacred Heart St Margaret Mary Aston

josietrue

gone but not forgotten
i was born in brantley rd witton and was baptised RC i am trying to get my baptismal cert but dont know what RC church would some kind forum member know of any RC churchs near to brantley rd witton i know they have all records at st chads but need the church name
with thanks josie

I was born in Witton rd i was brought up RC our church was The Sacred Heart on corner of Prestbury Rd @ Wiitton Rd

thank you donbogen
i will try that one would you know if thats the only RC church near witton
josie

thank you bernardr
will look through link as need to find churchs were we were all baptised early 40/50 your link will very helpful
josie

some time ago i asked if any furum member would know of any RC churches in witton as i was looking for my baptist record
well after many phone calls i found the church and went last week to get my baptist certifcate
and was taken back when i saw in side the church it was beautiful to say the least on how stunning it was
so thank you to all for your help
josie

Attachments

• josie.jpg
    josie.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 35
  • pix009.jpg
    pix009.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 35
Lovely example of a 1930s church Josie. And a very decorative interior - bright and uplifting! Very like Byzantine architecture. Viv.

Hi Josie. I've moved your posts and others comments to this separate thread of its own as it will be lost amongst the info in the original thread. Hope that's ok. Viv.

i was born in brantley rd witton and was baptised RC i am trying to get my baptismal cert but dont know what RC church would some kind forum member know of any RC churchs near to brantley rd witton i know they have all records at st chads but need the church name
with thanks josie
When I lived in Witton Rd ( 1970's ) I went to the Sacred Heart on Witton Rd, at the junction of Presbury Rd, it was below the Guild Pub, and almost opposite Mansfield Rd It was the main Catholic Church for the Witton /Aston area

The Sacred Heart and ST Margaret Mary is magnificent Grade II listed Building and the detailed description can be seen here...

It has a Website and a twitter account.

Back