• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sacks of potatoes

wessex

master brummie
Sack of potatoes,10 Gosta Green, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 7ER

Always associated with Aston University.Seems to be still a popular venue out of term too.
Anyone got memories to share?

Attachments

• Gosta Green The Sack of Potatoes.jpg
    Gosta Green The Sack of Potatoes.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 16
Wessex has it a snooker or pool table?. I think that's where my son goes with his mates after work now and again. Bye. Jean.

My Husbands stepfather used to run that pub."Francis George Lawton ,purveyer of fine wines and ale".The TV studios were next door ,and staged the wrestling matches.He told how the wrestlers would be Knocking the hell out of each other in the studios and half hour later buying each other pints.

There used to be a house between the Sacks of Potatoes and the old Delicia,I see from these photo's the pub has extended and incorporated the house into it's building.

My Husbands stepfather used to run that pub."Francis George Lawton ,purveyer of fine wines and ale".The TV studios were next door ,and staged the wrestling matches.He told how the wrestlers would be Knocking the hell out of each other in the studios and half hour later buying each other pints.

i had a friend in the early 60's whose parents had this pub. I think his name was Raymond spears?. All a bit vague now!!!.

Back