• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

S C Larkin’s 10/15 livery street birmingham

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
can anyone help me please. i really would like a look up for 1985 but as 74 is the closest i will take a stab at it. i am trying to find out what sort of business was conducted at 10/15 livery street. if there is anyway someone can find out what sort of business this address was in 1985 i would be most grateful. many thanks. wales.

can anyone help me please. i really would like a look up for 1985 but as 74 is the closest i will take a stab at it. i am trying to find out what sort of business was conducted at 10/15 livery street. if there is anyway someone can find out what sort of business this address was in 1985 i would be most grateful. many thanks. wales.
Lost entry re-inserted

This the 1974 entry1637791164245.png

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks bammot. i was hoping 10/15 may have been social services or a solicitors but seems not in 74. i just wish could find out what was going on at that address in 1985 as its the address of the person who notified an ancestors death. wales.

S.C. Larkins... was a Wholesale Warehouse and Manufacturers...10-15 Livery Street. Sorry it didn't upload the Invoice I wanted to put on the site... Georgie

thanks georgie. i wonder what it was in 85. been to the central library today and although i can search the old telephone directories they are not much good to me without a company name and thats what i am trying to find out. :)

Have you tried the Law Society in Temple St Birmingham they have a library in Temple St they may be of use

hi george. any chance of putting on the invoice you have from larkins. it may be use to me if we can make out the date. cheers

wales.:)

hi george. any chance of putting on the invoice you have from larkins. it may be use to me if we can make out the date. cheers

wales.:)

I haven't tried uploading photos pics yet ... and sorry no time at the moment... I can e-mail it over for you :)... I've had another look and the Credit Note date is typed in blue... Nov 14/?? the ??marks bits are bad to read as the typing is very small and I've tried to enlarge it looks like a 7? Sorry can't get this over to Photoshop to enlarge either. Possible year date 72 . The amounts are in £ s d.... and when did we go decimal ? Feb 1971 it doesn't look like 71 though. Georgie

thanks george. i will send you a private mess giving you my email address. its worth a look at.

lyn:)

thanks anyway lorraine...on the death cert of 1985 it says place of death church lane aston...name of informant (which i will leave out) address of informant 10 to 15 livery st birm 3...i seem to have hit a brick wall in finding out what type of a business(if that what it was in 1985...

astoness

S.C. Larkins... was a Wholesale Warehouse and Manufacturers...10-15 Livery Street.

Hi, Very excited to see mention of Larkins. Margaret Lesley Buckler (Babs Buckler) worked in the Goods Outwards Office in 1939/40. If anyone has any memories, please let me know.

Maggs

Back