• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

rupert street

dereklcg

master brummie
hi ya,
does anyone remember a mural that was painted on the wall,in rupert street,nechells b7 at the far end over, avenue road as from grt lister street as i say over ave rd the wall if you know it is the railway yard or was i hav,nt been down that way in ages.
the other end is rocky lane,but this mural was of local history,
be nice if i,ve got pictures i took that no one else has got,there,s one of bloomsbury st library,the co-op in grt francis st,a bomb disposel expert who saved nechells gas works from going up,sandy sanders,the junction public house,a no7 tram for nechells,a back to back pic would it be northumberland street?,lms city of birmingham and a picture of the centre of brum.
i,ve had a mooch in my loft and found lot,s of pics old and new that i,ll share a some stage if anyone,s interested?
happy days regards dereklcg

Last edited by a moderator:
Derek, You have a treasure trove there. Last summer when I was over that way, it looked sad, dilapidated and run down. I'm also sure half of it was missing. :redface:

I have sent you a PM. :)

Pom:angel:

Back