• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

running some updates and backups

warren

Administrator
Staff member
Site might be slow for the next hour or so while I run some backups and updates.

thanks warren i guessed that is what is happening as im on a go slow at the min

Hi, ever since these updates, some photos only half open, and if I press the “back” button my ipad reboots. It is a new ipad pro and I am using the MS Edge browser. Any suggestion?

I have just had it happen on my iPad using Safari. I have just viewed a forum pic of a football team in a post below
https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/for...ols-football-history-photos.34230/post-630010
and only half the pic appeared on screen. The reason is because the file size of the pic is 1.8Mb which is rather large for a normal pic. The same pic could have displayed perfectly if it's image size was about 100Kb. I'm surprised the forum software accepted it. With some fiddling on my iPad I did force it to display and my Windows 10 laptop had no problems displaying it ...:)

I’m glad I am not the only one with the problem, I clicked on your link and had no probs but there are still some other pics that do not open fully. Are there any settngs on the ipad I could adjust?

I use my iPad to browse the web because it is always on standby. I pick it up show my fingerprint and 5 secs later I'm on. The iPad file system is a mystery and apart from better image resolution and 'facetime' thats about it for me. The 'half pic' problem on my iPad is rare and my 'fiddle' with it last night was a long press on the button to shut off and a long press to restart ... it's been ok since ... so it is an iOS bug.

I use Windows most of the time as do 99% of forum members, so we never see the problem. I have the Edge and Chrome browsers in my iPad but they are only 'wrappers' around Safari, Apple won't allow a 'stand alone' browser.

Thank you for that. I have just rebooted my ipad and things seem OK now. It must have the latest ios update last week.

Back