• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Rugeley

J

john daykin

My Great Grandfather Richard Birch Daykin died on the 6th April 1899 at The Globe Hotel Rugeley, where he was the landlord. Is there any way of finding out where he is buried ?

John......the answer I would say would be NO......BUT.....you could visit the Staffordshire Public Records office in Stafford to see if they have any newspapers from that period which might contain a story etc.....or you could take a stroll around some of the local cemetries to see if he had an headstone....but that could take forever.....

try this link www.rugeleyonline.co.uk

Last edited:
John K Colin is right a newspaper is a good place to start, always have a look at the obituaries, you never know. Good luck with your search John.

rugely

hi john daykin
john colin is right its very hard to find a family grave from way back
if you dont know where to look, i started with old new paper death
colums for that period and i found out a little of somthink about
my grand fathers and in volvents , i got a death date and the snippet
but i could not find a place of buryial i spent two years on the case of the missing grave, until recently , i have been spending the last 12 months
looking for the daughters grave , whomwould be myaunties grave but no of evail , i still cannot get a lead on it as to yet, but i will not give up
iwrote toa number of under takers in the area but none of them
had no records ,even thou had burried the familys generation since the
1800,s may be you should tryyour local undertakers local to your areas
they do not charge you anythink for the service
i have wrote to edwards the undertakers many ,manytimes for all the family
internments and they have never charged me a penny
but do what john colin as told you apply at stafford , you never may know
i was very lucky afew weeks\ago when one of our favorite members
on this forum [ namely dollyfeet pete ] whom stunbled on to my
grand parents grave , the one whom i been looking for the last two years\ discoverd it , whilst looking for his grand parents
i am looking for the daughters grave now whomwas there daughter
which ihave foundimpossible to find
i have been trying to get in touch with inspector [ dollyfeet ] pete
he,s the manfor the job , ah
well john daykin\ i wish you all the best in your research
best wishes astonian

Richard Birch Burial

Many thanks to John K Colin (again) Moma P and Astonian for you'r advice
I will keep you posted of any success
John Daykin

Back