• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rudge

sandra

master brummie
Hi Everyone,
I am looking for a Edwin Rudge B1864 Wolverhampton, he married a Martha Saunders and had 5 children, I have found him in the 1881 census,
1891 census,but cannot find him in the 1871 census anywhere . He died in 1900. My cousins been looking for him also and cannot find him.
So I was wondering if anyone would be good enough to do a look up for us.
Thanks for taking the time to read this , hope someone can help.
Sandra

sandra

master brummie
Hi Bren,
I am trying to find who is parents are. I thought if I could find him in the 1871 census , it would tell me and also any brothers and sisters he may have.
Sandra.

ladylinda

master brummie
I think the safest thing to do would be to order the birth cert. From mother's name on cert plus father's name,you will have more chance of finding their marriage,which will enable you to go back further.
Births Jun 1864
Edwin RUDGE Wolverhampton 6b 427

lynne webb

master brummie
The marriage of Edwin to Martha took place at St Peters and Pauls Aston on 5th April 1885. His fathers name is down as Thomas Rudge.

bren

master brummie
Sandra, have tried lots of ways of searching for Edwin. I notice that in the Wolverhampton area there are a lot of Rudge families and a lot are mis-transcribed and people have added corrections as they have found their family, yours might be the same to a lesser or, as i think, a worse degree. I think that to move forward you should get both marriage and birth cert's as these combined should have all the information you need. The marriage cert will give info re Edwin and his wife but more important, his fathers name and occupation, you can then cross ref this with the info on the birth cert and also find info re his mother, this could all help find his parents marriage and it will be more info to look for in the census

bren

bewdley

master brummie
Hi Sandra, I too am unable to find him on the 1871 census, but here is his will (in case you don't have it already)

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966 Record for Edwin Rudge

Rudge Edwin of 2 back of 95 Lichfield Street, Aston, Warwickshire died 28 May 1900 Administration Birmingham 12 June to Martha Rudge Widow Effects £89.13s.11d.

sandra

master brummie
Hi Lynne,
Thanks for looking up the marriage for me, it is the correct one. Would you mind telling me where you found it . I found it on ancestry but it never told me the fathers name . Thanks again.
Sandra

sandra

master brummie
Hi Everyone ,
I would just like to say a big thank you to you all for taking the time in doing the research for me.
I will probably be buying certificates next week, awaiting cousin to come back from holidays, going to ask him if he has any certificates first, seems daft duplicating them.Thanks again.
Sandra

lynne webb

master brummie
Hi Sandra, I found the marriage on Family Search, Good Luck with your search, he's a bit of a toughie.
Lynne.

sandra

master brummie
Hi Everyone, I have just decided to have another go at the family tree. At the moment i getting frustrated, i have been looking all day for Edwin Rudge he seems to have vanished into thin air in 1871. I have bought his birth certificate as you suggested it states Father is THOMAS RUDGE ,and Mother is MARY ANN RUDGE (maiden name MORELON ) EDWIN was B 22 february 1864 Wolverhampton. 1881 he was a lodger in Aston (shovel maker ) 1885 married Martha Saunders 1891 he was a Blacksmith 1900 he died still cannot find him in 1871 anyone any suggestions as he would have only been 7 years old.
Thank you all for taking time to read this , heres hoping someone will be able to help.
Sandra