• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

RUDGE Family, 21 Gray Street, in 1901

skylark

Proud to be a Brummie !!
Hello, Does anyone have the RUDGE Family in their tree? Especially Thomas Rudge b1879? He was living with
his stepfather George FENTON and mother Mary ann plus 4 half sisters (all FENTONS) at 21 Gray street
at the time of the 1901 census. Any further info MUCH appreciated.....Margaret.

hi, i used to know some rudges in charles arthur st,was some slight relation to my mum,mrs claire, im not sure about her husband name,the daughter name is jeanshe is still alive i think,she use to live,by the yew tree stechford..all the best,,, :smitten:

Rudge Family

I have connections with a Rudge family who descended from a Benjamin Rudge and lived in the Ladywood area in 1915 onwards; Benjamin junior, Frank, Maggie, Dennis plus others. Let me know if there is a connection and I will pass on more info

I am the grandaughter of the Rudge that Aston mentioned, she had the outdoor in Tower rd her first name was Florence and grandads name was Alfred Rudge. I will ask my sister to come on her name is Sandra she is in to all this family tree and can probably help you more than me.

Hi Margaret,
The Rudge Tree we are researching.
ALFRED RUDGE B 1890 ( my grandad)
EDWIN RUDGE B 1885
THOMAS RUDGE B 1888
MAY RUDGE B 1896
LAURA RUDGE B 1891
Their father was EDWIN RUDGE B1864 mother was Martha B 1865
EDWIN was born in Wolverhampton.
Hoping someone has them in their tree and will swap info.
Look forward to your replies.
Sandra (Patty's sister )

Is anyone related to George Rudge who worked in a car parts shop on Slade road , he died in 1966 but had a son called Norman. I think they were from Stetchford area

George Rudge lived in millward Street with his wife Ethel May nee Ware in 1939
They had 2 children Norman George in 1929 and June in 1937
Norman married twice and he died in 1980.

George Rudge lived in millward Street with his wife Ethel May nee Ware in 1939
They had 2 children Norman George in 1929 and June in 1937
Norman married twice and he died in 1980.
Thank you, yes this is definitely the family, I’m hoping to see if there is anyone who might have photos of George or Norman....who might know more about the family. I am connected to the family but sadly not sure exactly how !!

Back